Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School



Where did the summer go? Some people might like it when school starts again. I admit there are some benefits such as getting back into a routine and the whole "education" thing. But the truth of the matter is that I love having all my kids at home with me. If I thought that I had enough discipline or that it would be better for Grace I would probably homeschool my kids. But sadly, I can barely get McCade to do an alphabet worksheet once a day, and then there's the fact that I can barely add and subtract.



I did all I could to help make her less nervous for starting school; we met her teacher last week, she seems really nice. Grace's best friend Dani is in her class. Her clean backpack was hanging in the hall, full of fresh school supplies and her newly decorated pencil box. But she was nervous about... lunch. It's the unknown that is the hardest.



When we picked her up from school she was so happy! Her first day went great, lunch was no problem. Her favorite part was having two recesses. When she got home from school she was sad that she had missed out on all the fun stuff we did during the day like "play do and watching t.v. " She spent the rest of the afternoon trying to catch up on all the things she had "missed"

No comments: