Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to School

So sorry this post won't have accompanying pictures because we still have no computer. (I am posting this at work.) Grace is in 2nd grade, McCade is in kindergarten (all day, wow.) My favorite thing leading up to school starting is all the sisterly advice Grace has been giving McCade. Last week I heard Grace telling McCade all about how the lunchroom works and where to stand for line and not to worry if he has ANY questions all he has to do is ask a teacher. But my favorite thing happened today after I picked them up (Grace went to McCade's class to get him and then they came outside.) While we were driving to McDonalds for our "debriefing" and they were telling me all about their day Grace said, "McCade I just couldn't stop thinking about you all day. I thought about you and worried how you were doing." (I'm pretty sure she worried more than I did.) Just the sweet way she said it and her expression were so ... priceless. Then she proceded to tell him that he really needed to pay attention whenever the teacher was talking. "I did." was his reply. Then she says, "No, I looked in the window one time and you were looking at your pencil and not listening to the teacher." It's true, not much gets by Grace. I really have to mind my p's and q's around her, as do the other kids. It's a good system, I like it.

2 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

How cute is that?!

Beck Family said...

The love of sibling is a priceless thing to have no matter how it shows it's self. They are lucky to ahve each other, and a great mommma who has tuaght them the value of family and how to take of each other. Thanks for coming out Sunday, it was a great little gathering of friends.