Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nana's broken ankle



Right before school started my sister Wynn came for a visit. My mom was scheduled to come as well but she fell off a ladder the day before she was supposed to leave and broke her ankle (at 11:30 @ night). Wynn came into my room after I got home from work to tell me that Tim (her husband) had taken mom to the ER and was waiting for the x-rays. She said she wasn't in too much pain but it seems like it has gotten worse with the swelling and everything so she has pretty much been laid up in bed for almost 2 weeks. It is broken in at least 3 places and fairly stable. If anything moves, she might have to have screws put in. I am hoping after her next doctor visit that she will be able to come here so I can start feeding her like 6 times a day (since it seems like that is all we do all day is eat, eat, eat.) And also everything at our house is on one level, unlike her house with is 3 floors seperated by 24 steps. (I counted one time after I had done a really hard work out and my legs were killing me, each step seemed like agony.) Obviously, not the best place for an injured Nana. (I had to add this cute picture of my mom and Bella pre-ankle fracture)



1 comment:

christa said...

So sorry Nana, isn't there a smoothie for broken ankles. . .T, you really gotta get on that!