Thursday, April 9, 2009

Matt's rehab: update

The boot:
Matt had another doctor appointment and an appointment with his physical therapist. He is now mostly wearing shoes but with a lift in the heel, he only wears his big boot when his leg gets sore. He got exercises to do. The best thing is that he got the go ahead to start on the exercises bike. He and McCade drove to Pocatello yesterday and bought an Airdyne (the bike that has the arms that move) they found on Craigslist. McCade was so cute getting ready to go with him. He packed himself his lunch box full of snacks and water for the road (and assured me he would share with Dad.) He told me when he got home that he didn't even get bored. (5 hours in the car).


Matt is building up his time on the bike and was so happy to be sweating again. I don't entirely get it because I'm perfectly happy without getting my heart rate going, but clearly Matt has a little more stress than I do on a regular basis. I mean seriously, probably my biggest stress is what we are going to eat for dinner and what book I am going to start next (Ok, the book thing doesn't stress me out at all I just said that to get my point across about my relatively stress free life.)

4 comments:

Kara said...

If your looking for a book try "the hunger games"by suzanne collins. It is so good and its going to be a movie and a trilogy.

Michelle said...

This is Senecca trying to teach Michelle how to leave a comment. Please prepare yourself for multiple comments with absolutely no substance. Thank you for your patience, Michelle will be with you shortly. Or longly, depending on how much she grasps during How To Leave A Comment Course I. (Subtitle, It's Really Not That Hard.)

Michelle said...

This is Michelle. No substance, my eye! And longly? Is that even a word? Clearly, our next lesson at the Alberdi School of Excellence needs to be Correct Grammar Usage in Messaging Course 1. Oh, and How to Treat Your Mother With Love and Kindness At All Times as well. On another note, can you believe I'm messaging you? First blogging, now messaging! Woohoo! I'm on a technological roll! Love you, love your blog, love that you comment me even when you get nothing in return. Lucky for you that's all going to change thanks to Miss Smartypants. Talk to you soon!

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

You have a stress free life because you make it that way! Love that about you! And, way to go Michelle!