Wednesday, May 19, 2010

10 things I love about Grace (in no particular order)

1. I love that when she decided she wanted a new American Girl Doll she earned half the money to pay for it by reading books (penny a page) and doing extra chores.

2. I love that after she was so diligent about cleaning her ears after she got them pierced and after all that there was still one point when she was willing to let them close up because she was having such a hard time switching earrings.

3. I love that even though she is afraid of things she still does them, often by herself, i.e. pulling out her own teeth, switching her own earrings (she kicked me out of the bathroom while she did it.)

4. I love that she reads (especially if she is saving up for something.)

5. I love how much she helps me with Riggins.

6. I love that she likes to wear cute clothes, cute shoes, and matching accessories.

7. I love that she can keep up with me shopping...

8. I love that she really listens to Matt so he can talk to her about the tough stuff.

9. I love that in the car the other day she asked me what the f- word was. When I was hesitant to answer she said, "Mom, I need you to tell me. At school I will hear it and I need to know. I might spell something bad while we are doing word chunks." So matter-of-fact. (That's gonna come in handy when Matt has the birds & bees talk with her.)

10. I love that even though she is often emotional and occasionally irrational, she wants to do the right things and I can try to appeal to her logical side. If that doesn't work I can just wait until the sun comes back around, as it always does.


Here is Grace with her American Girl doll she named, "Sallina." Sallina is pictured wearing an original "Grace design" made from paper towels and ribbon from my scrapbooking stash.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

She is so pretty & looks so grown up! Love that she designed the dress.