Friday, May 14, 2010

It's been a month since my last confession




I've always wanted to say that.

In so many ways a blog is like a confessional. Me the confessee and you, sitting on the other side of the curtain in anonymity listening (reading), making the occasional comment. It feels good to get all the things rattling around in my head out there.

So for today's confession; I have a favorite child.


I know, horrible, right?



What can I say...



He never complains if the other kids get something and he doesn't. He NEVER complains that he has nothing to wear. He has yet to utter the words "That's not fair." (Could there be three more annoying words in our vernacular?) (Could someone {Michelle?} confirm that I used that word correctly.)



He doesn't make us all late looking for a Boise State hat for 15 minutes when we should be walking out the door to school. Throwing a fit, when he left it in his dad's truck all along.



He doesn't whine to get his way or bring three changes of clothes, a blanket, a stuffed animal, a lunch box, a mini chalk board, two coats but NOT a single PAIR OF SHOES when we are going out to a restaurant for lunch.


He doesn't do any of those things.


He plays in his bouncy thing. Looks up and beams when you throw a smile his way. Only cries when he's hungry, tired, or wet. Stops crying immediately after being picked up, regardless who does the picking up. And then when you do pick him up his little chubby body is so cuddly and soft. And that is why I can say without reservation that he is my favorite child...


...for today anyway.


Next month's confession might be a whole different ball of wax.

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I totally get ya sista! I mean...He's MY favorite child too! :) I can't get over his sweetness. His little hands feeling my cheeks! Oh...I love that boy!

Anonymous said...

I had to look it up! Nice (and proper) use of our English language!
That little rolly-polly-olly is adorable. I don't even know how he eats with those fat cheeks! Give him a chew on his beefy thighs for me! Cuz I know he has rolls....: )

Norris Fam said...

Great...now I want to kiss his cute little squishy cheeks! It's ok to have a favorite (just don't tell the others)!

Jess said...

I totally understand! Mine changes at night though because my baby does not sleep well! and the rest of the kids do! Always good to know that you can have a favorite and still love the other ones even when they are being annoying!