Saturday, July 10, 2010

B. O. A. T.

April 2007- Yes, that is snow...and our new boat. Happy Day. . .
Bail Out Another Thousand- Did you know that's what it stood for?


Or how 'bout this one,"The two happiest days in a man's life-
The day he buys his boat... and the day he sells it."

For my birthday (July 5th) we decided to take the boat out. We thought it would be perfect since my mom was here and could help wrestle kids etc. (Also she's never been out on our boat since there is a small window of time here in our neck of the woods to actually use the boat.) (A pitifully small window.) (Have I mentioned how small the window is...)

So...We spend hours loading up with towels, snacks, etc. (I don't know why it always takes us so long, but it does.) We finally pull away from the busy gas station. The whole drive to Magic Resevoir it is Windy. Capital W. And I've lived in Rexburg... so I know wind.
We get there. Matt backs down. I park the truck and boat (straight shot, just like I like it.) (I get super antsy if I have to do any boat/trailer backing.)

I get Riggins out of his seat and walk to the dock where Mom is on the dock and Matt in the boat holding it steady. I jump in the boat. Matt "yells" at me because he wasn't ready for me to jump in the boat. I "yell" that I didn't know. (It's good to get the yelling out of the way straight off.) When we're all in the boat Matt sits in his his captain chair and turns that baby....over. But not on. The boat won't start. Awesome. We try a few things. They don't work.

Matt backs down the ramp. I strip off my warm cozy sweatshirt down to my swimsuit and get in the water. So. Cold. Matt and I guide the boat onto the trailer while my mom drives up while we yell at the kids to stay to the side while I shiver and try to be helpful. After mom parked it we all got back into the boat and hung out for awhile. Seriously. The seven of us just chillin' in the boat, eating snacks, getting windblown, watching 7 other boats pull out. Then we went home.

Good times.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

that is so very funny although i'm sure matt (and the rest of you) were disappointed, i love that you made the best of it and hung out in the boat anyway!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OH MY! I shouldn't laugh...I really shouldn't, but laugh I did. And hard!

So sad! I am so sorry! I am with Michelle, glad that you made the best of it! But then, that is just what you do! :)

John said...

Thats nice.
buy-tools.blogspot.com

sariah said...

So FUNNY!!

We had a boat. It was great and fun, but we sold it because the stress level was TOO high and I finally yelled one day "why don't we just sell the dumb thing??". Joel said, "Okay". That was that. :-)