Saturday, July 31, 2010

Later... Deep thoughts


When Val showed the video of their family pics at the reunion I had some thoughts:

I miss Matt's parents. I cried when I saw the pictures of them set to the song, "I believe." I always do. I miss Val Sr. I miss Matt's mom (who I never even got to meet.) I think if I could know Matt's mom, I would have the missing piece of the puzzle that is my husband. I thought about posterity and the importance of family. The rich legacy of faith that can be left behind. The legacy of faith I want to be part of and my children and time.

How quickly it passes.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I loved the slide show too! Even thinking about it now makes me cry!! I miss my grandparents so much some times!!! On a different note i heard you guys are headed up to my parents cabin this weekend:) I hope you have a ton of fun!!!

Paige said...

i love the concept of your blog. very nice!