Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bella- this month


Kids change so much from week to week, day to day; their obsessions, their greatness, their naughtiness... Just yesterday I was reading some notes I had written about Grace at this age for her scrapbook. I use to write a newsletter that forced me at least once a month to record the kid's quirks. I am going to attempt to keep doing it on my blog. So here is Bella- for now anyway.

She is talking and is so much easier to understand now, but occasionally we still have those words that I have no idea what she is saying ( I love her voice so much I wish there was a way to keep it fresh in my brain forever). She is such a cuddler especially with with grown-ups (sometimes when the kids try to give her hugs she pushes them away with a mean face) (it makes me mad.); her blanket; string cheese; her "ooh ahh" jammies (they have monkeys on them, she calls them that because that is what a monkey says); sitting on the vacuum while I am pushing it; playing with "Tay Tay" (Taylor); dressing up in a leotard and dancing; wrestling with Matt; she loves juice and tells me all the time "My tummy hurts" because I drink Gatorade when I have tummy problems and she thinks will get juice. She still has to sit in the "happy girl" a lot. She hates it when anyone tells her no (she crosses her arms and "humphs")and when people (McCade or me) tell her she is "grumpin".

She had to get a couple shots and started to cry when she saw the nurse who gives them. When we were done her leg hurt so she wanted me to carry her everywhere for the next few hours. ( I obliged of course) After her nap she came walking out of her room and said (very excitedly) "I can walk!"
While she was on the phone with my sister, Wynn, last week I told her to say "love you, bye." She said, "I love you, Uncle Val!" (It sounded like, "Wa you, unco Bow." She does love her Uncle Val a lot.)

She is my favorite 2 1/2 year old on the planet.

1 comment:

Just Us said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. I remember holding her when she was a brand new baby at some Stake Relief Society function. She was so sweet, she made me want another baby.