Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cousins = Fun

Last weekend Matt's cousin, Darin and family (Jessica, Dallin, Owen and Kora) stayed overnight with us (They live in Carey.) The adults went out Friday night to Cowboy Cocina, my favorite but they were out of sweet potato fries (gasp) and we had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated (very unusual) Still it was fun and I was glad they were so busy because that means they will stay open which means I will be able to continue my addiction to SPFs. When we got home we played cards.
The funnest thing about Darin and Matt is that they have been friends for so long they have so many hilarious stories from growing up. I have heard most of them but every once in a while there will still be a new one. Darin was still single when Matt and I started at ISU. He used to come over to our (cold, dark, depressing) basement appartment and sit on the floor (the only furniture we had was a little rocking loveseat). And we would get to laughing so hard. Sometimes when Darin would side with me on an issue Matt would say, "Darin, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." It became a joke. Darin would usually side with me for the sheer fact that it bugged Matt so bad. I, of course, didn't mind. I remember one time it got so bad that Darin said, "I think I'm going to have to ask myself to leave." Good times.
Matt drove his snowmachine around the backyard pulling the kids on the tube.
McCade and Dallin

Grace is facing backward while the boys faced forward. I love is how tight she was holding on to both of them. She is so protective.




No comments: