Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to the OR

No, don't worry, it wasn't me that had to go back to the OR... Bella was the latest member of our family to have the surgery experience. Bella had her tonsils and adenoids last Tuesday. She did so great. I was amazed because she hates shots and everything related to Dr's (she even hates the ear scope thing.) I wanted her to be premedicated, like 3 days before, when she had her bloodwork done. Oy vey. That wasn't fun.

The morning of her surgery she woke so early with Grace. 6:00. That is early for us. She and Grace were playing with little glow in the dark bracelets and were so cute and happy. It was a peaceful way to start our day. (Matt said it sounded like a parade.)

When we got to the hospital she started crying, "I want to go home." I thought, "Oh, no, Here we go." But as soon as we got up to pre-op she saw Jenn it was like a switch got flipped. She was darling, so sweet and cooperative. They took her away in the little red wagon happily chatting away. She did fantastic. She ate lots and drank plenty the rest of the day. She has been doing pretty well. I love her little squeaky voice but could totally do without the nasty breath. (That's coming from me, and we all know I don't smell that well. It must be bad.)

Now that we are a week out from surgery she has been having a little bit of a rough time the last few nights, crying but not wanting to swallow the good stuff (Tylenol with codeine). She does pretty good if I keep the Tylenol in her every four hours but if I get behind, I pay for it. (Lots of drama.) All in all I would have to say she has done great. Probably bad timing but...c'est la vie.

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Amy told me you had your baby...

CONGRATULATIONS!

christa said...

Just checking to see a pic of Mr. Riggins!!! but alas, you must be "sooooo busy" nursing/recovering/building/remodeling or something. . . sheeeeesh====whatevea!!

love you!