Thursday, September 17, 2009

stop the madness

I went to Twin to pick all the light and plumbing fixtures for our new addition/ remodel. I can tell you something, honestly. At this point, I don't care. I don't care if the finishes match (Well, we have brushed nickel in the existing house but I really wanted rubbed bronze in the new spaces, does it all need to be the same etc. etc.) I don't care. I don't care how much things cost (until I tell Matt how much I spent and he's like, "What?!" and I'm like, "I'm 37 weeks pregnant in Twin Falls, it's 91 degrees and I have shoes, socks AND jeans on, I've been dragging around a three year old everywhere I go." (I didn't say that but I sure thought it.) It kind of makes me sad because I have spent so much time and energy (not to mention $) on this project and here we are at the end and I can't bring myself to spend 200 dollars on a faucet. (I also can't bring myself to have different finishes in the same room...) so I guess I still care... a little. I am tired of making decisions. I should not have attempted today without a good Diet Coke on board. What was I thinking.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hang in there darlin'! You may not care right now, but in 6 months YOU WILL CARE. I promise. You are so awesome to start a new career in general contracting while 6 months pregnant...with 3 small children...and to stay married to boot. You rock. Love to hear the life lesson stories. A little foray into Tana's brain is always a fun thing. Love ya, Michelle

sariah said...

I feel for you with this heat-- will it ever end??? You ARE absolutely amazing to be doing a house building project right now. My hat is off to you. I am feeling lucky to get one little bedroom painted....