Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Home Stretch

Well, here we are... on the home stretch. I am a week from my official due date and hopefully about the same from having the house mostly completed. I don't know about all this. I keep hoping the house will get done and the baby will wait. I just want to be able to enjoy that baby and some naps without all the distractions and interruptions. I feel like our lives have been on hold all summer while we did this project. I guess we haven't been completely on hold because a sweet baby boy has been growing inside...my kids keep growing outside. It has been a learning experience but I cannot wait to be done.

So here I am, 39 weeks, I can't bend over anymore without either a fierce case of heartburn or a Braxton Hick (contractions seems like too strong a word). But nonetheless, we keep making progress. Matt painted the house Saturday (it looks fab) after we (I get by with a little help from my friends) taped all the windows on Friday. I have had lots of drop-in/ much appreciated help. A few delicious meals here, a little painting there, some caulking around the edges... It adds up and I am so glad for friends who are willing to help.

Saturday, my mom surprised me by driving over (I wasn't expecting her until Monday.) I love that she still comes and rescues her kids when she knows we have reached our limit. She is sleeping on a mattress in the front room. I am so grateful for how amiable and happy she is. She always goes with the flow of our family, whatever that flow may be at the moment. I have come to appreciate her more all the time.

Somewhere in my random reading I came across the mantra "finish strong". That is what I hope for. On all fronts.

No comments: