Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy birthday McCade

Happy birthday little man! McCade is 5 today. McCade was a muscleman Power Ranger for Halloween. He wore the suit for days before Halloween. He is so skinny, it made the suit look that much cuter.

We (McCade and I) raked tons of leaves so they could jump into it. Of course it wasn't high enough just to jump into the pile we had to move the table from the deck to make it higher.




McCade carried this piece of ice around after our first snow.


McCade started preschool after we got back from Disneyland. A friend has a wonderful preschool in her home. There are 3 other boys. It is good for him to have the interaction with little boys but sometimes I think it is a bit much for him. His friend Luke, told his mom, "I like McCade, he makes me feel calm and he always listens to me." Isn't that a nice compliment.
"Can we play the animal game?" These are the most frequently spoken words by McCade. In the morning he comes & climbs in bed and we play the animal game until he gets tired of it, then we play, "rock, scissors, paper, shoot!" The only problem is that we have played it so often that each round has gotten rather short.
Me "I'm thinking of an animal that lives in the ocean."
McCade, "Shamu"
"no" McCade, "A shark." Me, "They jump high." Mc, "Dolphins!"
McCade, "I'm thinking of an animal that is black." Me, "Toby." Mc, "Yes!"
This is how it goes, back and forth until we can't think of anything else because we have played it so much. Sometimes I think of a funky one like a duck-billed platypus. And I still do an elephant just to hear him say, "hephelant." (I think it is ADORABLE when he mispronounces words.) It reminds me that he is still my baby boy for a little while longer.
He made my bed for me the other day when I was in the shower. He said "Mom, I made your bed for you. If I had wrapping paper I would wrap it all up like a big present." And he lays out blankets on the floor and then folds them from corner to corner and says, "Doesn't this look good, I am a good blanket folder."
My favorite things about him (right now) are... his sweet voice and the things he says. His love for his sisters and dad. That he still prays for Nana's ankle in every prayer and if someone else forgets, he reminds or says, "Zat's ok that you didn't pray for Nana's ankle." That he still says "zat" instead of "that". And when he sings, "I am a child of God" he says "has given me homely parents, kind and dear."





2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

homely parents...that is hilarious! What a sweet boy, I wish he'd come make my bed!

Michelle said...

Tana you are too adorable and so is McCade! Homely parents! I love it!