Saturday, March 14, 2009

Clarity and Insanity

In case you hadn't heard or didn't believe it because I hadn't posted about it yet, I'm pregnant. In a moment of clarity and insanity we decided to have another baby.

You know those brief moments in life when it seems the stars are aligned just so and time slows down just a bit and in that instant when everyone is calm and happy you see a glimpse of eternity, realize what is really important, like family. Perhaps say to yourself, "I can handle this, I can do this. Our family is clearly not complete." Clarity.

In the next instance things are spinning wildly out of control, children are whining, Matt is on crutches, the sight of food is nauseating, the only comfort is the thought of sleep, sweet sleep... I think to myself, "What was I thinking?" Too late now. Insanity.

I am so grateful my first trimester yuckiness doesn't last my whole pregnancy like it does for some of my friends. I have emerged a little early (knock on wood) feeling good, slightly tired, and ridiculously optimistic.

11 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

YAY TANA! I am way happy for you! You know you could always call me if you need a break from the kiddos or anything else right?! You better know dang it! :)

Kristin and Jay said...

Uh, Oh! I totally spilled the beans before you did. I am such a jerk! I am usually the last to know, so since I knew, I just figured everyone else knew too. Well, congrats again.....man I'm a jerk =)~!

Emily said...

Congratulations you guys! You have the cutest little babies!

Cassie said...

That's great Tana! Congratulations! When are you due?

Kara said...

Congrats!!

Norris Fam said...

Hooray! You make such cute babies I'd have 10 more if I were you!

(that would be insanity for you :)

sariah said...

Exciting! When's your due date? Great job on your description of the emotional roller coaster of pregancy- it's so true.

Jelina said...

CONGRATS! That is great news. Good luck.

Lizzy said...

Congratulations! That is just so exciting! I am so happy for you and Matt.

Just Us said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

Yeah! for that new little Parke spirit who gets to be with such an amazing family and fantastic mama!