Monday, March 30, 2009

March

My favorite flower is the crocus. They are the first to bravely peek their heads out of the frozen ground, the first hopeful sign that winter may possibly end.
March has gone by so fast, I can't believe it. Not to be rude, but March and February have to be the worst months here. It is a lovely, sunny day out today but everything is so brown and muddy it makes me want to crawl back in my bed. (Granted, it doesn't take much to make me want to crawl back in my bed, I'll give you that.)


Matt is healing well, his incision is healed and he has been able to get around with just his walking boot. That is so nice.


I have been doing ok. Good days and bad days. I finally broke down and bought some Unisom and B6. For those of you who don't know this trick for morning sickness, it really is the best. I love it because I sleep great and don't feel sick the next day. I don't know why I waited so long. The upside of being sick is that I haven't gained any weight yet. Silver linings and all that.

Matt and I were both feeling a little stir crazy from all the time we have been in the house so yesterday during Sunday school we decided to skip the rest of church and drive over to Eastern Idaho (Shelly) to see Matt's brother Val (& Tami, Katelyn and Sadie). We all loaded up, exited to get going. It started snowing about Arco. Snowing Sideways! Not to be deterred we kept driving. It was like a full blizzard by the time we got there. It snowed the whole time we were there, one of those nasty snowstorms that you say to yourself, "I'm so glad we don't have to go anywhere." Except of course we did. Right when we drove out of Shelly it stopped snowing. The roads were crummy for while (I take for granted our awesome snow removal here in Blaine County) but then we drove out of it and into a beautiful sunset. All's well that ends well.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I wish i had flowers here. No sign of that yet. Just this stupid white stuff. Thanks for the beautiful flower pictures=)

Michelle said...

Crocus are my favs too. Hope your special morning sickness cure is working- it sucks being nauseated! So happy for you-

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

I'm glad you're all well. I too have something to say about spring in Idaho. Are those crocus in your yard? Because we still have about a foot of snow-argh!