Thursday, March 5, 2009

A handicap sticker AND a minivan

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but seriously things have been painfully boring around here. (Get it, "pain" full.) Matt has been hobbling around on crutches. We found out the the walking boot he gets today isn't really for walking...yet. He will be on crutches a while longer. Still, it could be worse.

We have gotten into a new routine with his injury. Like... I have to let Toby out in the morning and put him in his kennel at night. I have to take out the garbage. I am finding that Matt did alot more around the house than I thought. When I was really sick, he took care of everything: he worked, cooked, fed the baby at night, bathed the kids, kept the house clean, took me to doctor's appointments. I don't know how he did it all. That is so him. Alot of times I think of us like a team of oxen, no matter what, Matt always pulls his weight, alot of the time he pulls mine too. I am more interested in side trips to meadows full of flowers. I tell myself life would be so boring without me.

The thing is I have been reading alot of books lately. And when I get into a book, I am beyond boring. Don't even try to talk to me. Well you can but I will just respond with noncommittal sounds like, "uh huh" and "in a minute" which even my kids know means "you should try to do it yourself, it's gonna be a while."


We went to Twin last week and left the kids with Matt's sister Pam while we went to dinner (Jakers = so yummy) and Costco. When we got there his brother-in-law, Tom, said, " A handicap sticker and a minivan? Travis (my 19 year old nephew who has always looked up to Matt but hassles us endlessly about the minivan.) will love that." Yeah, that pretty much sums up our life for the next little while.

I'm sure once the sun starts shining again and the kids stop coughing it will breathe new life into our little corner of the world. But until then... have you read any good books lately?

5 comments:

Kara said...

I loved the book
"The hunger games"
Brian even listened to it on his ipod twice.
I also loved
"The tea rose"
and "the winter rose"
THe last two are by jennifer donnelly. Be prepared to do nothing but read. I warned you!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Have you ever heard of a book called TWILIGHT?! HA! I just kidding.

If you are into suspense stuff I LOVE David Baldacci. Well, some of his stuff has well....scenes if you know what I mean. (DON'T READ "ABSOLUTE POWER") But I would have to say that "THE WINNER" is hands down one of my very favorites. You would LOVE it!

Also, go look up a book called "Peace Like A River". I can't remember who it is by. I could google it, but well....yeah. :)

Anyway, you would really like that too.

Norris Fam said...

I like what you said about 'in a minute' means 'you should try to do it yourself cuz it's going to be awhile'...that is totally me! However, I'm not doing anything worth while like reading a book! (usually getting caught up on blogs :)

Candice (also known as Burb to my friends) said...

Aunt Tana have you got to the book i gave you?

Candice

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

The Shack--it's a tough read for moms or dads because of the subject, but it is sooo good. What were you reading? That's what I want to know. Oh, and The Hiding Place, recommended by our dearly beloved Hawaii girl, Michelle. That book is life changing!