Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New calling

I have a new calling, well I got it over a month ago but I haven't made any comments about it here so...new to you right? I am the Primary chorister. When I was sustained Matt leaned over to me and said, "You don't know anything about music. Do you?" I shook my head happily, "no". I love Primary songs, how hard can it be. Well... factor in an amazing pianist that knows every song but sadly follows the chorister (WHY? For the love...Why are you following me, isn't it obvious I'm just flapping my arms around up here?") and a little morning sickness, then throw in a round or two (FYI, rounds: way harder than they appear when someone else is leading them.) It's a recipe for a disaster. So what can I do? I just keep bringing chocolate every week and hoping for some kind of miracle.

5 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh my! You totally make me laugh! I like the "Flappin my arms around" image! :)

Norris Fam said...

I've been primary chorister 3 times! And truthfully...loved every minute of it! My advice, wear lots of deodorant because it is a WORKOUT!

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

That is great. I'd be flapping my arms too, but I seriously think I'd cry if I had that calling. Like always, you're always positive thinkin'.

christa said...

I bet you are an AWESOME chorister (thanks Michelle Norris for helping me spell that)! I mean really, completely entertaining and beyond darling. Totally relating to kids even if you may have difficulty carrying a tune in a bucket--hahaha, sure love u!

Jelina said...

Welcome to my world, Tana. I've been doing it since I've been here...and I am a HORRIBLE singer. Good thing kids don't really care. Good luck.