Monday, March 16, 2009

Daylight Savings


We (Me and Grace) are having a hard time adjusting to daylight savings time. Grace does not want to go bed at her usual bedtime (8:00) but then she is like a hybernating bear the next morning. So one night last week I told her that for Spring Break we would pretend Daylight Savings didn't happen, she could go to bed an hour later and wake up as late as she wants in the morning. She liked that idea, even told her teacher about it the next day.



So...a few days later her friend Dani (Merrick) is over. I am asking her if she is exited about going to Hawaii for Spring Break, (she is.) etc. etc. Grace pipes in excitedly, "Guess what we are going to do?" "We're going to pretend Daylight Savings never happened. "



Hey. Some kids go to Hawaii. Some kids get to pretend D.S. doesn't exist. I guess attitude really is everything. (Also, I think it helps if you've never been to Hawaii so you have nothing to compare it to.)



PS. I have decided since Carrie likes D.S. so much not to be such a hater.

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

hmmm....I'm pretty sure I'd still take Hawaii over D.S. though! Have fun sleeping in!

sariah said...

That is so funny!! Kids are the best- especially when they're young enough to be happy about small things.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Anything to get the kids to sleep in! :) I am glad she is excited about that! She is so cute! And I totally agree, it is all about ATTITUDE! ANYTHING can be better with the right attitude!

christa said...

Gracie Lou--you really need to get some piss and vinegar flowing through those veins of yours!! Come see your aunt Christa and I'll get you started on some pessimism!