Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello, my name is Toby

I am a Newfoundland.
I weigh about 16o lbs.
I love people and people love me (albeit in a "Please keep your distance and don't stick your nose in my crotch sort of way.")
My dad, Matt, thinks I am the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think he is great too.
We like to play tricks on Mom. For instance, in the morning instead of going out the nearest door from the garage, Dad and I walk all through the house. Mom hates it. We think it's hilarious.
My mom, Tana, thinks I am ok. She doesn't like me in the house much. But I heard her admit that she can't imagine another dog who would be so good with such little training. I think it was a compliment.
The kids like me pretty well too, especially that little Bella.
I have a strict code of moral conduct.
One of my rules: the smaller the person, the more gentle I am.
I'm a bit of a celebrity at the vet clinic in Bellevue. Those girls love me.
It's understandable, really.
I chase cars. I ditched my shock collar a while back, it's been awesome. The freaked out look on people's faces when they realize the damage I could do to their cars, (chuckle) that just never gets old.
I love long walks. I sit at the end of the drive way and wait for people to be walking by. I will go with almost anyone.
I am good at making new friends.
I like to run too, but mostly just with Mom, she's not fast.
I shed ALOT.
Mom and I both love it when I get my hair cut in the spring. (Except that one time the lady cut my hair like a poodle. Man, that was embarassing.)
ALSO I love milk bones. There's not much I won't do for a Milk Bone.
If your ever in the neighborhood, look me up. We'll go harrass some cats.







2 comments:

Kara said...

Love the pictures. I have heard those kind of dogs are the sweetest but I bet they arent fun to clean up after considering they are a small horse=)

christa said...

Ladies and gents. . .it sounds like we may have a converted/almost dog lover blossoming on our hands!!! Who knew!