Friday, February 5, 2010

Missing more than teeth

Grace has lost plenty of teeth but for some reason when McCade started wiggling his I was sad.

Really sad.

Matt didn't understand it, it's not like he's the baby of the family, he's not...

...but he is my sweet little McCader man, and his little teeth were beautiful, all straight and perfect.

and bad enough that he didn't just let them fall out by themselves, oh no....

he had to wiggle and wiggle them. That top one was barely even loose when he set his Dad on it. Matt said when he was pulling it out all McCade said was one, "ow."

Now McCade likes teasing me about it because he knows it makes me melancholy. He gets that mischievous look in his eye.
After this last one he said to me, "Don't worry, Mom, soon my big teeth will grow in."
Yeah, a lot of comfort that brings me.

1 comment:

Just Us said...

The big Bart Simpson head tooth. Isn't that what they look like when they come in? I know what you mean about being sad about your kids losing their baby teeth. When Maci did, I started wanting another baby. Good thing you already have one.