Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The fox and the hound

A crazy slash funny thing happened tonight. I watched Toby take off like a shot from outside the window. He wouldn't come when I called him so I went to check it out (in case he was harassing the neighbors.) He was in the field next to our house with a fox. I know the pictures aren't great (can you say hybrid lens for Valentine's day?) but I had to try and ... I have to share.

The small dot is the fox, the big black dot is Toby.Notice how close the small dot (fox) is to the big dot (Toby)? Yeah, Toby is stuck in the snow and the fox is prancing around, getting closer and closer to Toby until...
Toby makes a lunge and frees himself from the snow, the fox scampers out of reach again as Toby takes up the chase. It was so funny because the fox was totally on top of the snow and every step Toby took, he sunk in. He chased him all the way down the street, we followed in the van. At one point Toby turned around and headed back our way. The fox followed him, until Toby couldn't resist and and chased it again. It was hilarious to watch.

Our brave protector; he also jumps up and chases magpies when we pull into the driveway or if he knows we are watching him.






1 comment:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

You SHOULD officially change Toby's name to Jacob Black! I TOTALLY see it too!