Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fun Weekend

A couple of weekends ago we had Val (Matt's brother) & Tami and their girls over for some sledding and games. Matt's sister Pam (whose family just moved from AZ came up from Twin for the day. It was COLD but sunny when we finally headed out to the hill. I have no real pictures of the action but I do have a good story to tell.
Pam and Bella getting all dressed in warm clothes.

While we were sledding Sadie was in a collision and ... broke her ankle. Poor little thing. We have way to much medical experience in our family; Tom (brother-in-law) (ER nurse), Val (angiographer) (I think I just made up that word, but Val never checks this, the point is, he does angiography), Tami (NICU nurse) and me (x-ray). The reason this is a bad thing is that we didn't take her to the ER for hours (she seemed fine, {Tom checked her foot out} just sitting with her leg propped with some ice, a little pale,maybe but... it is January in Idaho.) Anyway, about 9:30 we (Val, Tami, and I) took her to the ER. I took her x-rays and the Dr. splinted her up. She was tough. Once she realized she wasn't going to get a shot for pain she didn't utter another cry.

Bella commiserating with sweet Sadie, don't they look commisserable. (yeah, I made that up too.)

I spent most of the time in the van with Bella, but I did manage to snap this cute pic before she started crying uncontrollably because she was so cold.
Sunday, the girls made cupcakes, gotta love my big counter, there is room for everyone.





3 comments:

Lizzy said...

When did Pam and her family move to Idaho? I can't keep up with my Parke cousins. I remember visiting Pam a couple months after Aunt Sherry passed away with my mom and brothers. Pam took us sleding. Since we had no winter clothes she tried to see what she could do. I ended up wearing some oversized coat and some hot pink boots that I think were Ashley's. :) Love you!

Abbie said...

Hey Tana!!!
It's so great to hear from you. Your family is adorable. How is the valley? Yes, my little Ben is constantly entertaining. Scrapbooking is very very behind, but no one's given up yet!!

Norris Fam said...

Poor kid...now she'll never believe another word ANY of you say :)