Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow days

When they cancelled school the Friday before Christmas I was like "WoHoo. let's make some cookies." (I was trying to think of something fun since it was still too dark to go out and play in the snow, but it felt like we should be havin a "partay") And so cookies we made, 4 different kinds. It was a cookie-ball-athon. I like to just put the cookie balls in the fridge so we can have warm cookies on demand. And I like to triple my batches (it drives Matt crazy).

While making out sugar cookies, the kids were rolling them out and making their own. McCade comes up with the idea for me to cut around his hand. The others followed suit. Cute huh?

My little helpers hung with me through 3 of the 4 batches of cookies, but then had to abandon me for the freshly fallen snow.



McCade was snitching cookie balls.




2 comments:

Jelina said...

Do you know how many times my kids have begged to make sugar cookies? They would love that. Too bad I don't like to eat them. Give me chocolate. Ya know...I didn't even know you had a blog. I guess I should look at peoples' lists more often. I will speak for my husband in saying that Ben would love to have Matt join them snowmobiling. He likes to have people who know how to ride. :) I'll let him know. I'll send you the menus, too.

sariah said...

I love the handprint cookie idea!